Tuesday 28 April 2009

100% made on PS3


no computers were used in the making of this post, except the megaservers hosting my pics and site that is. am here on my sofa with nothing more than my PS3, cheap digi cam an my aging iMac keyboard.

but first - the Nyko usb/media hub arrived today, that's it above with the memory stick from my PSP hanging out of it, why have 4 usb ports when you can have 6? (five in my case as the intercooler/LCD temp readout uses up one slot) it's a solid unit with a fitting adapter for all ps3s and a complimentary design, the card slot take pro duo and sd cards AND has a little red LED on it, i know it's not blue but you can't have everything. pointless for us early adopters but great for those later cheap ps3s or gadget fiends.

the photo i copied from my cam to the PS3s HD and uploaded to my flickr.com account with no hassle, seems this blogs pic upload option is not ps3 friendy -boo- also the Store was borked today

2 comments:

  1. Nice add-on you got there 'Tone!
    I have an HD camcorder and it's great the way it synchs with the PS3, only copying off new movies. It's so easy that I haven't bothered to install the bloatware that came with the camcorder, onto my PC. I didn't know I could upload to flickr from PS3. I'll have to give that a go. I wonder if I can upload my videos directly to youtube from PS3? Hmmm, just thought of something - what about online offsite, backup for PS3? If it worked we'd only be able to backup movies, photos etc though and not game saves, user data and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's worth a try, Vigin sent me an email the other day about 5Gb of storage, may have to see if it's PS3 friendly. the flickr thing i just thought i'd try, when you click the 'upload' button it jumps straight to your ps3 drive selections screen and shown your HD and any cards etc you have plugged in. pretty sweet. can't see why you couldn't do video to it either. lots of site testing tonight i think :)

    ReplyDelete