Sunday, 26 December 2010
The angle of turn isn't huge, it allows you to check out your rear view mirrors and look up and down a bit but it's enough to create a feeling of driver movement, i never realised just how much i do turn my head while driving in a game until now.
I've also been playing Tumble with my new wavey stick, does the end have to glow magenta? :D it shows off just how versatile the Move controler is and i imagine after a few more shots of JD stacking things on top of other things will be as much fun as:-
Saturday, 25 December 2010
Friday, 24 December 2010
Thursday, 23 December 2010
Sometimes owning high-spec gadgets is best left to the imagination, as the result of your latest internet shopping spree can end with the courier dropping off something that isn't quite as life-changing and empowering as the multi-million pound, pan-European marketing assault initially suggested.
Spec sheets are one thing, but as tech gets more and more complex and attempts to please more and more people by combining ever-longer lists of features into one box, we're seeing companies fail to get the dizzying modern blend of software and hardware anything like right.
So what products have disappointed us this year? Which ones do we wish we'd waited for a few more reviews to filter through before maxing out the credit card? And which product was so terrible it was pulled from sale in the face of mass consumer disgust?
Read The Full Story Here: [[HERE]]
Rumours surrounding the sequel have been with us for a long time, and seem to be heating up - so here is a summary of what we know, littered with personal opinion as is traditional on U3S!
The name: Starhawk
Monday, 20 December 2010
* Seasonal Events: [Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
* Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].
* Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
* Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].
* Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
* Race Information Display: It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
* Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
* User BGM (Menu): From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
* Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010″.
* Integration with the Website: The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
* [Important Note:] We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.
Friday, 17 December 2010
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Sunday, 12 December 2010
"It's so ... black!" said Ford Prefect, "you can hardly make out its shape ... light just seems to fall into it!"
Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.
The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.
"Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder. It was an emotional moment. He bit his lip.
Zaphod moved forward to it, slowly, like a man possessed - or more accurately like a man who wanted to possess. His hand reached out to stroke it. His hand stopped. His hand reached out to stroke it again. His hand stopped again.
"Come and feel the surface," he said in a hushed voice.
Ford put his hand out to feel it. His hand stopped.
"You ... you can't ..." he said.
"See?" said Zaphod, "it's just totally frictionless. This must be one mother of a mover ..."
He turned to look at Ford seriously. At least, one of his heads did - the other stayed gazing in awe at the ship.
"What do you reckon, Ford?" he said.
"You mean ... er ..." Ford looked over his shoulder. "You mean stroll off with it? You think we should?"
"Nor do I."
"But we're going to, aren't we?"
"How can we not?"
Friday, 3 December 2010
*runs to shop with new credit card*
Thursday, 2 December 2010
Dead Nation is a superb zombie shooter, out yesterday in the PSN Store and a proper bargain dontchaknow.
Wednesday, 1 December 2010
Gran Turismo 5 has been out for a week now, and it looks like virtual racers are full of complaints and suggestions. Polyphony head Kazunori Yamauchi recently addressed a few player concerns at his Twitter account.
Here's a bit of what Yamauchi wrote:
Regarding a YouTube video upload feature, this was actually implemented at one point, but it required a lot of time for rendering because of insufficient memory. They're still looking into it, though.
Someone asked for a no HUD option, and Yamauchi replied that they'd like to do something about this in the future.
The next update for the game is scheduled for early this month.
Face tracking is only available in arcade mode due to memory restrictions.
New lounge functionality will be added over time.
Regarding an option for just driving around town, Yamauchi said that this is one of the things that they'd wanted to do but were unable to.
They're currently preparing a credits and experience system for online play. Yamauchi said to wait a bit for this.