Tuesday 14 April 2009

back it up

just wondering how you back-up your save games, if you do that is. think of all those hours, days and weeks worth of your time just sitting there waiting to be nuked if you haven't saved your saves. i for one made that mistake once, and only once and since then have backed up my saves after every major session.

i think the original problem was the standard harddrive (60Gb) that came with my launch Ps3, as the console had crashed very very badly at least 3 times during it's first 6 months in my care, yet since i upgraded it to a 250Gb unit the console hasn't done it once but the old drive continues to play-up every now and again in its external external caddy. i have a 250Gb external linked permanently to the console..

i digress.

back to the saves, i did copy my saves to a 4Gb usb drive for a long time then i got a hold of a few SD cards (work surplus) and jacked one into the appropriate slot, i have found they work much faster and are hidden nicely out of the way, in all i have saved two years worth of gaming onto one 2Gb SD card with plently of space to spare..

2 comments:

  1. I run a full backup when I think about it every now and then, although I just upgraded my orig 60GB so may change that policy. Backup to my 500GB external where I keep all my MP3s

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, tend to back-up my hard drive every couple of months as it now takes a good few hours or so to do, but my game save file tends to get bunged straight to my SD card after i finish a play session.

    ReplyDelete