Tuesday 21 April 2009

Blaggers Unite

now, i don't know if it's just me but in the last couple of weeks i have noticed a trend, a trend of random PS3 users asking for access to my Store account to 'game share' some of them are pretty persistent, sending me messages via youtube, requesting to be friends on my PS3 then once i've added them asking if they can have whatever title.
now i don't know about you but not even my poor long suffering mother would get access to my Store account, even if i didn't have my debit card linked to it, why would you let anyone do that? ok, if you're mates in real-life(tm)(c) then i can see that as being fine because if they screw with your account you can go and slash the tyres on their cat for example.
but the PS3, unlike the 'other console' doesn't lock your username to any solid details, there is nothing to stop a user getting into your account (if you're stupid enough to let them) stealing all your shit then changing their (and your) account details.
you know i'll share info for demos etc. but my account is my account is my account.

4 comments:

  1. E-ROLE-

    Yea I've had people ask me this, it's damn anoying. I've also heard of stories of people loosing their account doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, I don't fancy risking it. What happens if you have to replace your PS3 for some reason and you want to download the game onto the new machine...? Remember that each title you purchase can only be installed on a fixed number of machines. So if you've been sharing your games with other people then you might have used up your quota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed, you might as well give your bank card and PIN to a stranger and tell them it's ok to visit the 'hole in the wall' and expect them to come back. but i guess people do go for it otherwise why bother trying?

    from yesterday:-
    ---------------------------------------------
    yaboiRmani
    ...
    Re: Re:ng
    dude plz ill giv u mi account 1st so it wont be a scam i juss want tp play ragdoll kung fu plz

    ReplyDelete
  4. just a test comment using name/url in the pull down.

    ReplyDelete