Friday 21 August 2009

well, it's too small to be a PS3 slim

how does the old saying go, beware of strangers bearing gifts? so when a courier turns up with a sign for package from our overlords at SCEE i was curious. could it be my membership pack to the inner sanctum? a 1Tb solid state drive? a PS3nano prototype? nope, sadly not, it turns out it was a copy of Killzone2 that i'd won months and months ago in that 'weareplaystation' compo, damn, that was March!! Joey Payne (you may know the name from the Eeeew.blog) said they've had trouble with suppilers? uh yeah sure, you're SCEE, how could you possibly have trouble getting copies of your own published game?

mini demo review: DiRT2 - feels like the first game with some added bells and whistles on. the paddock area is pretty sweet and feels like you're stumbling around the mobilehome in between events rather than some floaty VR type menu. the racing itself rules, in-car view is spot on and now has added fluffy dice etc if you wish :) another plus is it uses the 'rewind' system from GRiD so when you blast a rock pile at 120mph it's not the end of the world. Online works very well incorporating a voting system for races and pops up player stats when you're waiting to start on the grid, such as, longest jump, fastest average speed etc. good for l33ty feelings. if you liked DiRT or GRiD you'll love this.

Mini Ninjas - proving once again ninjas > pirates. this game is cute, easy to pick up and play and i was getting into it when the contractors came round to fit my new windows.. i am currently holed up in the bedroom surrounded by the noise of powertools and hammering... the bloody cat escaped too so i had to run around in bare feet outside trying to catch him while he nipped under security fences and between vans! that would make a great mini game somewhere -haha-

[mobiletone]

9 comments:

  1. check inside the KZ2 case just to be sure. Could be tucked away under the instruction manual.

    Also - I discovered Tesco are doing the PSP Go for £199.99 so may have to bag me some of that, especially with the possibility of a free copy of GTPSP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a pretty good deal, especially the GTpsp download too. i'm not going to open the KZ2 package as i figure a mint one could be sold for more :)

    right the contractors have gone and i've finished tidying their mess up! so back to mini ninjas.

    anyone played WET or IS-2 demos yet, any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. not played WET yet but have it downloaded and installed. Don't even think I've watched a gameplay vid of it yet which is rare for me.

    Speaking of rare, you should see the steaks I'm having for my tea...hooooo baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not had time to play any of the new demos yet. They're all downloaded and waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to have gone from a daily Killzone 2 pattern to pretty much forgetting it exists. Whats the new pack like with the fancy guns?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MrJimmy

    Good maps, though I have never actually gotten my hands on the two new weapons (not seen anyone brandishing the bolt gun come to think of it).

    I haven't played for a couple of weeks, but I was sticking it on quite a bit up until that point.

    Trying to get some more trophies on Sreet Fighter 4 but the old hands just aren't up to all that QCF + PPP, QCB + KKK, 360 x2 + MP + MK, Focus into QCF x2 + LK + HP combo business anymore. Still a great game though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @pabloamigo cheers dude. hit up mittens for fighty games - I stopped after battle arena toshinden and a little tekken.

    @tone mini ninjas - sorry but I hated the demo, I felt like I was playing a poor mans spyro :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pablo - ah yes, SFIV. I keep forgetting to set up our battle! I'm going away on Business for a couple of days. Get in some practise for when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ jimmy - 3 words. STEALTH NINJA RABBIT!

    ReplyDelete