Thursday 16 July 2009

Playstation Store Update

This week Mike Kebby comes up with another excuse not to have to put up with the bitching and whining from disapointed fanboys after posting the update for us.

"I just want to let you know that there will be a delay in responses from me in the comments section this week, as I’m not in the office Thursday and Friday (birthday celebrations)" - M Kebby

So what do we get this week?? Trash Panic - a new take on mans age old problem of figuring out just how to cram one more thing in the bin so he doesn't have to empty it, could be worth a look. Disney’s Tarzan.. a PSX classic.. really? REALLY!?! A set of GhostBuster costumes for the Little Sack People, cute but over priced, bring 'em back down to 99p please guys, or free! Some more tracks for Rock Band and Guitar Hero and a few videos and themes. Usual sort of update i guess.

I wont mention the downloadable games for the PSP because a Digital copy should not cost 2-3 times MORE than i can pick it up down the high street for. sorry Sony. when will you realise that is NOT the way to go.

[mobiletone]

is it nerdy to rearrange your entire desktop style to fit around a new browser?

quote of the day from PSN User:
Callofduty1 -"IM GOING TO BUY A NTSC PSP IVE HAD IT WAITING FOR THESE PS1 GAMES"

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mike or friend of Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trash panic! I've been looking forward to this shit - it has actual toilets in it and everything :) This is what PSN is all about, taking risks and doing something completely different. You don't see shit like this from the likes of EA!

    Hmm, has anyone else noticed that some of the more risque videos have disappeared from Vidzone? Reakt with his cynical hat on thinks that maybe SCE have asked them to remove some of them in order to protect their own clean image. Hmmmmmmm.....
    *Goes to watch Benny Benassi before SCE realises they let one slip through* yeh, ya'll know you want to watch that one!

    Good ol' Mike K, eh? He hangs in there despite the whiners. Kind of feel sorry for the poor bastard.

    I agree the LBP content is too expensive - close to 5 quid for the whole content pack - I mean WTF! I can buy the complete LBP game for about 10 quid, yet a couple of costumes for my sack-clad chums sets me back close to half the retail cost of the full game. That ain't right. This is the reason I'm against game distro going 100% digital (which it will eventually) as then you only have one retailer (SCEE) selling the content with no competition and that's when we kiss goodbye to 50% price reductions of major releases after just a few weeks. Let's hope that physical media is around for a while longer yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the best thing about this place is that even if I post a huge comment I don't have to await moderation - unlike the official eu playstation blog (suck it). Incidentally I posted another comment on there asking the Vidzone devs for support for the official blu-ray remote. Apparently it IS already supported - yeh right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I woke up this morning with a huge headache not remembering what happened after I got back from the pub last night. Then I load up the blog and see the drivel that I must have posted in my sorry state! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than a drunken rant buddy!

    I can't really be arsed with the EU blog anymore. The whingers are out in full force and I can't be arsed looking through every comment for something insightful, funny or interesting. Plus, the content side of things has really quietened down since launch (stuff with the British game devs is good though).

    I notice no-one acknowledged the Last Guy trophy patch, despite a good number of people complaining about it. Mike has my sympathies; completely thankless task. I get the feeling that he'd still get moaned at even if the update contained demos for FF13, GT5, UC2, Modern Warfare 2, PSN cards for Europe, all PSN games reduced to 59p, every single game patched to include trophies and full PS2 backwards compatibility.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bet Mike gets paid more than we do :D

    i think they should let UTS do a guest Store update one week on the eu.blorg and see how we deal with all the whiny tossbags -muhhaha-

    @ reakt - if i had a quid for every drunken rant and fanboy sulking i posted while drunk i'd probably have enough for another new bike by now. it's things like that keep the intarwebs interesting.

    beer solves everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete