Tuesday 7 July 2009

QCF + Hard Punch

I don't know about you, but back in the good ol' 16-bit days I used to love a bit of 2D fighting action.

King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Samurai Showdown, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Waku Waku 7; if the plain was flat I would take it on.

My youthful lust to go mano-a-mano with all and sundry is probably the reason why I really like the look of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Just released in the US, there are currently no plans for an EU release. :(



I thought I'd email Arc System Works and pester them to release it in Europe. Here's their response:

Thanks for your inquiry and opinion.
Regarding PS3 BLAZBLUE EU version,
we are afraind the release dedail has not been decided at the moment.
We will inform about it on our homepage http://www.arcsystemworks.jp
shortly after when it's determined.

Best Regards,

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
ARC SYSTEM WORKS CO.,LTD
User support


(sic)

Bummer!

Join me in my quest for 2D fighting perfection and email Arc with your support for an EU PS3 release: hello@arcsy.co.jp

[pabloamigo]

4 comments:

  1. mittens loves a bit of 2D wallop em up, he'll fight your corner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want a new Rumble Roses but i can't see us ever getting that either :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice trailer. I like my 2d fighting games too. Have you played street fighter IV? It's been made into 3d but it still has the original feel and all the old moves you remember still work. It really is awesome. can't remember if I've seen you playing it or if that was someone else on my friends list. I play online sometimes but usually get whooped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @reakt

    Yeah I do have SF4 mate. Like you, I usually get my arse handed to me online.

    We'll have to have a threespeech grudge match sometime.

    ReplyDelete