Friday 29 May 2009

"Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"

So, the big day has finally arrived hey, inFAMOUS hits the streets in the UK. I noticed a couple of people on my friends list last night playing it and had a slight tinge of the green eyed monster then i promptly went back to playing Zen Pinball, which is great! I was going to pick up a copy today, but it seems it has been bought for me as a b-day pressie and i'm not allowed to play it until then, no matter how much i beg or what sexual favors i promise to impart. Pants!
So what else is there on the shelves today? not much it seems, FUEL has been shunted to next Friday, Bionic Commando is not my thing really, Damnation is getting questionable reviews and it'll be a cold day in hell before i buy a Hannah Montana game. The 80Gb PS3/inFAMOUS bundle is in stock at £279.99 too, so maybe that will shift a few extra consoles.

maybe i can get up to some infamy on my trials bike :) hey Cole was a bike dispatch rider wasn't he? there's hope for me yet. *looks up into the sky for EMP missle*

9 comments:

  1. Tone, I have been quite shocked by the reviews for FUEL. After loving a bit of Trophy-patched PURE I'm a little disappointed with the scores it has been getting.

    Hopefully we'll get a demo on the week of release so I can make my own mind up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got booted off the PS3 halfway through the Infamous demo, but I'd seen enough, I'll be picking up this one. It reminded me of PS2 "Getting Up" which would be on my favourite games list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Ecko's_Getting_Up

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dunno, FUEL scored an 80 in OPM and it's only the PS3 hating Eurogamer twisting the metacritic score by giving it a 50. still buying it no matter what, hell i bought Baja: edge of control! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Jimmy - Getting Up was one of my favourite PS2 games as well. Did you complete it? It was super tough at the end! I hope they make a Getting Up game for PS3!

    Tone - Fuel looks good to me mate. It got a good score in Edge too (an 8) - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363243

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edge!? *spitspit* i have ditched that and gone over to gamer(tm) i think it's a much better mag, love the retro section at the back.

    anyway, no review is going to stop me having my own opinion on FUEL, this time next week it shall be mine... unless they move the damned release date AGAIN! :) if it does turn out to suck harder than a drunk paris hilton i shall promptly return it the very next morn'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, yeh my Edge subscription expired a few months back and I've not bothered to renew it. I still like their reviews but I don't like all the boring indepth articles about the industry and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @reakt yep I completed Getting Up, great ending. Don't remember a late punishment, it was a slog though. It was such a labour of love, I felt so involved with the character, I even bought the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, I have the black book and would have bought a T-shirt if I'd seen one at the time. I can still remember P-Diddy's voiceovers. "Gabe's still is ill. Go home Trane!" :)

    ReplyDelete