Thursday 21 May 2009

Worms on PSN - teeny bit better please

ello peeps, Grand Moff mobiletone has kindly invited me to join in here, so here's me starter for 10:

Between KZ2 and the like, I'm really enjoying Worms on PSN, I've bought maybe 6-7 versions of this over the years and this one sticks to the formula with a good hi-res look. It's ideal for a quick online blast - don't need anyone else round drinking my coffee just so I can Holy Handgrenade em...

BUT the online lobby SUCKS! Why doesn't it list the game types, why does join game jump to host game, why does it keep resetting the options you select? The Team 17 forum does talk about bug fixes for low bandwidth users - but come on, lets have a nice simple list of games please, then an option to host one.

ALSO the scrollings broken, really bad. Come on guys, justify the millionth time I've bought the thing please.

Right rant over, that feels better.

[MrJimmy]

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting here Mr Jimmy. Sounds like Team 17 have been a bit slack with their online implementation, which is unfortunate since the online element must be the only reason to bring this game to the PS3 and PSN. Let's hope the guys fix it in a patch or something. I'm sure it can't be that difficult for them - back in the Amiga days, these guys ruled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team 17 definately owned back in the Amiga daze :D

    god, wasn't Alien Breed totally fugging awesome.

    i here rumor that the Bullfrog classic Syndicate is gettign a ps3 makeover.. please don't it be internet lies! razor wire across the street and panic pedestrians for the win -heheh-

    welcome aboard MrJimmy, i'll get invites out to the other reprobates this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dusty box up here somewhere with my A500 in it. Alien Breed was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My A500 was chucked out by my parents when I went to University (bah!). Last Ninja 2 was the Dogs'

    ReplyDelete
  5. right - I'v had a good test of Worms 1.02 and can report it felt more broken than before. Team 17 - sort it of feel the wrath of U3S!! I'll photograph MY worm - I swear I'll do it...

    ReplyDelete