Wednesday 27 May 2009

KillZone 2 patch

Guerrilla will tomorrow release a patch for Killzone 2 that will, among other things, fix the game's much-discussed controls

Control-wise, what exactly does the new 'High Precision' option do?
When this option is switched on, it makes the analog sticks more responsive to small movements. Turned off, the controls behave exactly as they did before the patch. It's not a radical overhaul of the control system, so the layout and the 'weight' of the controls remain the same.

Still, a lot of us here at Guerrilla really enjoy the new High Precision option, so we've decided to switch it on by default for new players. Existing Killzone 2 players will have the option turned off by default after patching - we wouldn't want to force a sudden change to the controls on you!

- Eric Boltjes, Guerrilla's lead multiplayer designer (MOAR!)

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I may finally get my air support badge now.

    The controls don't need changing/improving in my opinion, but I will check out the high precision mode to see if it turns me into a raging killing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i shall continue to fail in the epic way online at KZ2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tone - You should drop into a few of the games I play in...I promise to hold your hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a KZ2 Clan - lets start a U3S one, who's in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Jimmy

    Come and join the ThreeSpeech Regulars fella...

    http://killzone.com/kz/clan.psml?kz_clan_id=2427

    ReplyDelete
  6. i guess i'm not soo bad, i have mad Master Sarge' after all.
    *polishes shiny strips*
    that next level seems a hell of a lot of points away though.

    maybe i just need to play more against real people, but i love my bot matches too much :P

    ReplyDelete