Saturday, 31 October 2009
War, huh, yeah, what is it good for?
Pulling the eye out of a Cyclops apparently!
Some initial impressions of the E3 God of War 3 demo:
- More blood and guts than a night out in Barnsley
- Bit of a button masher, but using the block and roll buttons means you can at least pretend to know what you are doing
- Massive sense of scale, it does feel like you are in a believable world even though the paths are linear
- Some nice mini-boss battles that mix action and Quicktime events.
- Brooding music and sound effects
- Impressive graphics, love the way the title screen transitions into the first level seemlessly
- Amusing ways to dispatch civilians
Now I can't confess to being a massive fan of the franchise (got about half way through the 2nd game before I took the plunge and bought a PS3) but I did enjoy the half an hour or so with the demo. Granted it doesn't do anything to reinvent the wheel and lacks the warmth, humour and character development of something like Uncharted 2, but as a polished, action orientated blockbuster it certainly delivers a visceral experience. I'm sure the many millions of fans of the series will lap it up, but for me, I'll have to give it a few more play throughs to decide whether it joins FF13, GT5 & Resonance of Fate on the preorder queue.
Get round pablo's house if you fancy a go!
Visit Crowd DNA Gamer Panel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpqAsY7I_ it does look pretty cool. [mobiletone]
Posted by pabloamigo